Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Zoo animals

The 31st was my birthday and in celebration of my birthday the bf and I went to the zoo.

This is Mr. Coyote. He's looking straight at me. He would be looking away and whenever I lifted my camera up to take a photo he turned his head slightly to look at me. It was a little freaky, a little intense.

Since it was a small zoo there weren't that many animals there. The Orange County Zoo features mostly animals from the Southwest. I loved the little fox that was snoozing on a platform in his cage, the ocelot rubbing against a rock, and the bobcats snuggling in their hammock. But what is a zoo without a little petting zoo? This is Mr. Goat who hangs out in the petting zoo. He likes to be brushed.

All in all I had fun on our short trip to the zoo. I'm hoping to plan some sort of day trip down to San Diego with Andrew, Rose, and Wolf to see the zoo there this summer.

No comments: